Real Estate Laws, Agreements, and Transactions
Methven & Associates provides services to real estate brokers, forclosure consultants and investors as well as to the general public on a variety of matters including, but certainly not limited to, preforeclosure agreements, entity formation for real-estate investments, and investor agreements. These topics as well as others are discussed in the articles listed below.
- Tenants-In-Common Arrangements and the Securities Laws
- Real-Estate Deals and the Securities Laws
- California Law for Real Estate Investors
- Sales of Real Property in Probate
- Real Estate Investing Issues (including the type of entity to use) Also see Corporations, LLC's, Partnerships and Asset Protection
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Loans and Borrower's Counsel Opinion Letters
- Changes to California Real Estate Withholding Law for 2005 (AB 1338) by the California Franchise Tax Board; a chart comparing 2004 and 2005. Visit the FTB webpage on this topic for more information and forms.
- 1031 Exchanges (Tax Deferred Exchanges)
- California Department of Real Estate: Required Disclosures in Real Property Transactions
- IRS imputed interest rates
- California Cities with Rent Control
- Bay Area Cities with Rent Control Ordinances