California Laws, Cases, Agencies
- California Statutes (State Legislature). Select one or more codes (or all of them) and search by key word.
- California Codes (Findlaw). Select all codes or one code, and search by key word.
- Search for California Bills in Progress. "The full text of bills, resolutions, and constitutional amendments, and their status, history, votes, analyses, and veto messages are available. If you know the bill, select the session, and House of origin, and type the bill number to retrieve this information."
- Searches the current and prior sessions by key word or bill number. Much the same, except presented by the State Senate.
Some Specific California Agencies
- California Franchise Tax Board. Tax information, tax assistance, tax forms and more–plus a link to a keyword search page.
- Department of Corporations. Descriptions of and links to the Department's six divisions (Health Care, Enforcement, Securities regulations, Financial Services, Office Policy) and links to other resources–but no search engine.
- California Department of Industrial Relations. (Also frequently referred to as the "Labor Department".) Links to the Department's six divisions (Worker's Compensation, Occupational Safety & Health, Labor Law, Apprenticeship, Mediation, Statistics & Research)–but again no search engine.
Locating Other California Agencies
>General California Information
- Search California Law Generally (Findlaw). Links to State government information and California-related sites. Also provides searches of California Government Web sites and California statutes by key word.
- California Electronic Government Information. "Hypertext links & resource descriptions for over 240 California state, regional & municipal databases available over the Internet or through dial-up bulletin board systems. Entries grouped by source & listed by title. Links to other compilations & search engines."