U.S. Federal laws, cases, agencies
- U.S. Code
- Federal Regulations and Federal Register
- Federal Court Cases
- Federal Agencies and Other Government Information
If you want to search in a particular title (for example, the Internal Revenue Code, scroll down this page for a listing of the titles. (The Internal Revenue Code is Title 26, for example.)
- United States Code (Cornell). Many searches available, including searches by headings, tables of content, popular names, key words, and title and section.
- United States Code (U.S. House of Representatives) Search by key words or by title and section.
- Federal Legislation in progress (THOMAS) Search bills by topic, popular name, short title, and bill number. Also provides search forms for the Congressional Record and committee reports. Search bills by topic, popular name, short title, and bill number. Also provides search forms for the Congressional Record and committee reports.
- Code of Federal Regulations (U.S. House of Representatives) Searchable, but currently not all sections are available or up to date. Scroll down and search by key words or use the format Title:cite w/3 Section (for example, 21:cite w/3 155.200) to search by title and section.
Federal Register (GPO Access) Simple and advanced searches. Covers the Federal Register from 1994 to date.
- Supreme Court Opinions FindLaw's searchable database of the Supreme Court decisions since 1893. Browsable by year and U.S. Reports volume number and searchable by citation, case title and full text.
- Supreme Court decisions, 1937-1975 (from FLITE via FedWorld) Scroll down and search by key word or case name.
- Map of the Federal Appellate Circuits (Appeals Unlimited) This image takes a while to load, but is useful if you don't know what Federal Appellate Circuit a given state is in.
- Federal Appellate Court decisions (Washburn) Scroll down for links to recent (1992+) Appellate Court decisions organized by Circuit.
- Federal Appellate Decisions (FindLaw) Search by circuit based on party names or key words.
- The Internal Revenue Service. Links to tax information, regulations, forms and publications--plus a keyword search.
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Current news, current rulemaking, small business information and more.
- The Department of Labor. Links to Department agencies, statutory and regulatory information, small-business regulatory assistance, a search page and many other resources.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office. This site provides basic information on patents and trademarks, and related legal materials. Search information by topic, and search patents as well.
- U.S. Copyright Office Home Page. Provides information on copyrights, regulations and international treaties, as well as links to other copyright resources.
- Search for and Links to Federal Agencies (Villanova) Click on "Quick Jumps" for links to federal agencies, listed by initials. Click on "Search Agency Names" to search for federal agency Web sites by key words.
- The U.S. Business Advisor search of federal Web sites.
- U.S. GPO (Government Printing Office) Access. Links to many pages for searching federal information, including searches by topic and searches of electronic government-information products.
- Government Information Exchange. Links to the Federal Yellow Pages and links to other government search pages, including searches of state and local governments, foreign governments and international organizations. Click on "Search" for searches for government documents by key words.
- Government Information Locator Service. Search the full text of the databases by key word.